The Vision of the Mending Hearts Community Development Corp began in 2012 with the birth of Mending Hearts Community Worship Ministries. When the church began it was established that the primary focus would be community minded developing programs and providing services that directly impact the lives local and surrounding area residents.
The Mission of MHCDC is to improve the quality of life for the community by providing programs and initiatives that meet their personal, family and professional needs.
Goals of the MHCDC:
- To provide ongoing opportunities for community to access free clothing and accessories for all ages
- To maintain a community center for youth and young adults’ healthy social development
- To provide educational programs for youth transitioning into adulthood
- To host annual community family day to foster togetherness in the community
- To partner with national organizations serving as a host site for various social services